Two pre-clerkship electives over the course of two years will be required for members of the “LGBTQ Healthcare and Advocacy” concentration
- BIOL6508: Gender and Sexuality in Health Care: Caring for All Patients (Required)- Fall
2. BIOL6657: Sexual Health Elective (Required)
Students may also elect to take additional already established pre-clerkship electives, participate in other SC activities if they support the focus of their concentration
- Women’s Reproductive Health pre-clerkship elective may have great applicability for a student who wishes to focus in Lesbian & Bisexual Health, LGBT Geriatrics & Aging, Queer Sexual Health, Transition Medicine, etc.
- SC in Global Health, Advocacy, Medical Education, and Women’s Reproductive Health, etc.
- Gender and sexual development
- Clinical care of issues related gender and sexuality across the lifespan: children, adolescents, adults, mature persons
- Care of patients with gender dysphoria and transition medicine
- Care of patients with minority stress and psychiatric sequelae
- Care of patients with surgical needs and surgical transition
- Primary care for LGBTQ populations
- Specialty care for LGBTQ populations, including psychiatry, endocrinology, obstetrics and gynecology, urology, and plastic surgery
- Infectious disease prevention and health maintenance